Fairland in Wymondham, Ipswich Road, Princes Street,(ministered to by Rev John Potter) and St Peter's Jessopp Road (URC/Methodist), Trinity and Wroxham and Hoveton (ministered to by Rev Bruno Boldrini).
This Sunday 25th October, we welcome you to our online service
led by Rev John Potter at Princes Street URC
Sadly Princes Street URC have decided to close after 200 years of services in the building. The service which will be uploaded on Monday is a recording of that final service. As this is so special, we do not have a prior recording this week. Ipswich Road URC, the daughter church of Princes Street are holding a form of this service at Ipswich Road at 9.45am and the sound recording from this service will be available later in the day.
We welcome you as you join us for worship in the NAURC area, either in a building and/or online
- Welcome to Ipswich Road URC at 9.45am where the worship is led by the Church Secretary, using material from the Princes Street service and including a pre recording of the sermon by John. The building doesn’t look the same as pre-lockdown and we have a number of coronavirus protective measures in place, but the welcome is as warm as always. Please remember that you also now need to wear a mask. For further details as to what our worship will now look like, please click here
- In person at Trinity URC at 10.30am when Rev Carole Pearl will lead worship
- In person at St Peter’s Jessopp Road (URC/Methodist) at 10.45am where Rev Bruno Boldrini will lead worship. This service will include Holy Communion
- In person at Wroxham and Hoveton URC at 11am where Andreas Moering will lead worship.
- In person at Fairland URC, Wymondham at 10.30am where Kevin Mannion will lead worship
- Via ‘Zoom’ from 11am for the service at 11.15am . The link has been sent to members of all NAURC churches. If you have not received it and would like to participate in this way, please email us via the contact box below. Please also use the contact form for other relevant comments or queries. We will be sharing the service from Ipswich Road but it will be much more interactive than usual!
- Through participating on your own at home-below you will find the links to the video service led by John along with links to paper copies of the order of service and prayers
- An audio version of the service at Ipswich Road will be uploaded to this page as soon as possible after the service.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide an audio service from Bruno this week
Fuller instructions as to how to access the different parts of the services are at the bottom of the page.
Video Service led by
The video below is from the very special closing worship at Princes Street URC
Princes Street URC was founded in Dec. 1819 and closed on 25th October 2020
Ipswich Road URC was founded by members of Princes Street in 1952. We shared many of the elements of the closing worship from Princes Street in our worship last Sunday. See below for access to the audio recording of this service.
Audio recording of the live service at Ipswich Road URC 25.10.20
Order of Service at Princes Street
All music and hymns used by permission CCL 4409 & 54495
How to participate in the service in the different ways
Choose which service you wish to participate in from the information given below
Bruno’s audio service instructions:
1. Open our website twice in your browser: you can then access the hymns and/or the pdf from one “window” and listen to or view the service in the other. (Unfortunately you cannot open a pdf on a SMART TV.)
2. Click on the triangle to start the audio service
3. If you wish to join in or listen to the hymns within the service, click the “pause” button (the 2 uprights) on the recording, go to the other web window, click on the hymn title. When it is finished, click on the left pointing arrow in your browser bar (top left of the screen) to return to our website, ready for the next hymn.
4.Return to the first page and re start the audio.
5. Repeat as necessary
Video service instructions
As the video of the service will now be presented in a number of ways, please choose the one relevant to you:
1. Viewing the video of the service through the website
If you wish, you can start the service by listening to some worship songs. To access them just click on the image of the video, this will take you to the video where you press the white triangle to start .
When finished, click the triangle on the ‘whole service’ video (when available)
2. Joining in the service via “Zoom”
- If you have been on Zoom before and have logged in through your own name, then you will be asked for the Meeting ID which has been sent out to all of NAURC . If you do not have it and would like to be added to our mailing list, please use the contact form above
- If you have never used Zoom, it is really easy to access from most computers, tablets and smart phones, although if your computer or tablet are old, there may be a problem. You need a device with a microphone and also preferably a webcam.
- You will also need to install Zoom on your device Click here and it will take you to a page where you can sign up and download Zoom-this is an extremely quick download.
- You then either click on the link we have sent or click on “Join a meeting” and put in the meeting ID and password which we have also sent
- A member of Ipswich Road will welcome you into the online zoom service. You will be muted from the start of the service , but when the service ends, we will “unmute” everyone and if you wish you can stay online and have an online chat with others who have been viewing the service through Zoom. A kind of “after church coffee”-something which sadly we cannot offer those who physically come to the church.
- One thing we need to make you aware of-unless you switch your video off within Zoom, you will be seen on the screen in a small picture. The pictures of all those participating will be seen alongside the main picture of John preaching, although the main picture of John will take up most of the page. So if you keep your video on-please try not to do anything you wouldn’t want others to see!, and if you would rather not be seen, use the ‘turn off video’ option and all we will see is your name until you turn your video back on.
3. Listening to the audio recording of the service
Just click on the triangle to start and double bars to pause