NAURC news and requests
- Opportunities to join in:
1.John has started a study group on Zoom at 7.30pm on Mondays (15th )and 29th June and 13th July where we have an opportunity to talk about our faith with a piece of art as the starting point. Let him know on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to participate and he will send you a link2. Bruno is holding a Bible Study via Zoom every Monday at 2 pm and every other Thursday at 6.30 pm when possible. They are currently going through the gospel of Matthew. Send Bruno an email email@example.com
if you would like to join in and he will send you the link on the day3.Bruno is holding a Prayer Meeting every Sunday at 6 pm via Zoom. This is a short 40 minutes prayer session. -contact details as item 2 above4.Bruno is considering hosting a Zoom Reflection evening every Tuesday night at 8 pm for about 15minutes . Again contact Bruno if you are interested5. Ipswich Road URC hold a Zoom coffee morning every Friday between 11am and around 12noon-contact Audrey on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be sent a link
- Would you like to read a Bible reading in one of the video services? John is looking for people who can record themselves in video MP4 format or audio MP3, reading one of the Sunday morning Bible readings. Audrey is compiling a list, so if you are interested, please email her on email@example.com or phone 01603 407149 and she can give further details.
- On Sunday 17th Bruno chose some hymns in Italian. Here you can find the Italian words and English translation for “You are my Life” which Bruno’s mother used to sing.
The Wider Church
- Call to weekly prayer for the URC: A new weekly prayer initiative launched on June 4 inviting people to pray about the challenging situation many United Reformed Church (URC) congregations, Synods and staff are facingCreated by the Group for Evangelism and Renewal (GEAR), Pray4URC follows on from Clap for Carers, which has taken place every Thursday evening during the Covid-19 lockdown, and invites everyone to gather online and pray for the URC at 8.15pm for 20 minutes. You can access it from here I don’t think you need to be signed in on facebook to participate. 8 people are in a zoom meeting and in a way, you are the spectator, but it is done in such a way that you feel like a particpant.
- Have you heard of Trialogue?: a weekly online live discussion broadcast aimed at 16-25 year olds-see further details here TRIalogue
- Rev Paul Whittle our Moderator, Nicola Grieves the Synod Children and Youth Work Development Officer and Lindsey Brown, the Mission Officer write a weekly newsletter which can be found here
- Previous editions and other information may be found on the Eastern Synod website here
- There are regular URC updates relating to this time on the URC website here
- The URC is now producing some really useful information guides which you can see here-they are free to download
- The URC shop is also now producing some really interesting merchandise-more than just ties!-From them you can purchase useful items like signs to help in the current situation, seeds to spread the word, badges, booklets, fleece tops…… Have a look here
- Norwich Foodbank send out a monthly newsletter to churches-you may have one pinned to your noticeboard which of course you cannot currently access-so we are bringing your noticeboard to you! Click here for the latest copy of their newsletter. I have also created a “Foodbank” page for our website-have a look under the heading “In the Community” where you can find their prayer letter .