NAURC news and requests
- Bruno is suffering from Bell’s Palsy which makes speaking difficult at times, which is why we are unable to provide audio services from him at the moment
- Click here for a copy of the letter sent to the Ipswich Road URC congregation, with regard to returning to the building to worship. The risk assessment which we had to do by law, will be uploaded to the policies page of our website asap.
The Wider Church
- Have you heard of the Joint Public Issues Team ?JPIT is made up of the Baptist Union, the Church of Scotland, the Methodist Church and the United Reformed Church, working together for peace and justice. They work to:
- equip Christians to act and pray on issues of injustice,
- resource churches to reflect and campaign effectively,
- help our Churches to speak out with a distinctively Christian voice on injustice.
- They also send out a monthly newsletter “Each issue contains news, information about events and resources, and provides opportunities to get involved.” You can sign up to receive it by email or check out their website
URC Monthly Update This really useful update from the URC can be found here. You can sign up to have it emailed to you direct
- Have you heard of Trialogue?: a weekly online live discussion broadcast aimed at 16-25 year olds-see further details here TRIalogue
- Rev Paul Whittle our Moderator, Nicola Grieves the Synod Children and Youth Work Development Officer and Lindsey Brown, the Mission Officer write a weekly newsletter which can be on the Eastern Synod website here
- The URC has updated information about the wearing of face masks in church
- There are regular URC updates relating to this time on the URC website here
- The URC is now producing some really useful information guides which you can see here-they are free to download
- The URC shop is also now producing some really interesting merchandise-more than just ties!-From them you can purchase useful items like signs to help in the current situation, seeds to spread the word, badges, booklets, fleece tops…… Have a look here
- Norwich Foodbank send out a monthly newsletter to churches-you may have one pinned to your noticeboard which of course you cannot currently access-so we are bringing your noticeboard to you! Click here for the latest copy of their newsletter. I have also created a “Foodbank” page for our website-have a look under the heading “In the Community” where you can find their prayer letter .